Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change existing HANA Custom Calculation View

pramodu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear HANA Expert

I have existing custom calculation view in HANA and would like to add new field in existing view.

Do I need to add Projection again from left panel and from there need to add or .

any option directly adding new field from projection MARA as shown below .

Thanks,

Pramod

View Entire Topic
Abhishek_Hazra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

Firstly a comment about the data model shown your screenshot - this is not recommended to have your base tables directly fed into the default node of a calculation view. This limits the datamodel in many ways eg. you can't apply a filter there, you can't have a join or union after default node etc...So, please consider building it the following way :

Secondly, to answer your question, no you don't need to add another Projection node to add extra fields from same base table, you can select the fields from same projection node. From the screenshot of yours it looks like the base table format has been changed in someway causing inconsistent field mapping. You can fix this by re-inserting the base table.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Abhi

pramodu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you !!

Sorry for getting back late on this.

I was able to figured it out that it was not showing all the fields because table MARA table was part of SLT schema and I didn't have access of schema . After schema access was provisioned to me, I was able to pull the fields SLTECC.MARA.

For your other point, yes I agree that base table to not called directly but I left as is because this was earlier version custom package, so we just wanted to extend with fields.

Thanks for help !!