cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to a BW Infoobject: Tickmark "With Masterdata".... what are the consequenses?

0 Kudos

Hi all

A question: Infoobject 0TAX_NUMB is defined by default so that the setting "With masterdata" is not marked. In our solutions the infoobject is used in several places (ADSO, Composite Providers etc).

My question is: Will I face any problems if I change infoobject 0TAX_NUMB so that "With masterdata" is marked. Additional info: The Infoobject setting "Attribute only" on 0TAX_NUMB is not marked.

Reason: I would like to add attributes to the 0TAX_NUMB infoobject but fear to change an allready used infoobject....Will othet objects become inactive?

Thanks for your input!

Peter

View Entire Topic
VijayetaSharma
Active Contributor

Hi peterstarup65,

As this is fresh infoobject, your chancing of infoobject property will not have any impact to related objects.

"With Masterdata" tick mark and activation just activates master data tables and views and map them to current infoobject.

This activity will not impact any existing infoproviders (where this infoobject is used). Activating navigation or changing conversion type or changing infoobject field length impacts in use infoprovides and deactivates them.

Don't forget to up-vote and accept, if it helped. 🙂

Thanks,

Vijayeta