Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classic Account model persisting NULL values for all account members

praveen_kumar334
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I have account based model with 3 account members(Price, Quantity, amount), Region(Organization), date and Product(Generic) dimension.

I am getting NULL values for all account members when entering values at story level. Please help me on how to fix it

praveen_kumar334
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

can someone please help me on this.

N1kh1l
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

praveen.kumar334

Try publishing the data and see

praveen_kumar334
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Yes, after publishing it is displaying the values. Any specific reason for this behaviour ?

geeta2021
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you Publish the data it is saved in data base and can be reflected in all the stories.

Why Specific Behavior?

Because until data is not saved in the Model ( in Data base) it would not reflect in stories or data might not be consistent in case you want everyone to view same information.

Eg:

You already have Quantity as 10 and Price as 500 = 10*500 = 5000

This is saved in the model when you make changes eg: i made the changes in the price as 550 so now the screen shows 10*550=5500 but until you will not publish value it remains for your reference in that screen and keep prompting you until you will not publish it will not been seen by others. ITs like temporary values stores in user version.

Nikhil can correct me , if my understanding is incorrect.

Thanks & Regards,

Geeta

praveen_kumar334
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Geetha,

The data will be stored under unpublished version, if you don't publish the data. You can see the unpublished data by enabling the Show unpublished data toggle.

Here in my case, issue looks bit different.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

geeta2021
Explorer
0 Kudos

Nikhil,

Is the private version saved in database?

Thanks & Regards,

Geeta

geeta2021
Explorer
0 Kudos

Why i have that question is in one of the blog i read this that Edit mode changes cannot be shared which gave me understanding it is in the temp memory. Correct me if i am wrong.

N1kh1l
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

geeta_100

Is the private version saved in database? - Yes it is, that is how you are able to even run data action /logic on your private version. Its just that your private version is private to you and only you can access it (Admin can delete private versions for cleanup). Once you publish your changes get merged with the public version and then its visible to all.

Br.

Nikhil

geeta2021
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for clarification. I cleared so many of my doubts.

Thanks & Regards,

Geeta

N1kh1l
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

praveen.kumar334

SAC works on private version concept. When you edit a public version like Actual, a private version is created which only you have access to. Once you publish your changes the private version gets committed to public version and get reflected. You can read about the version concepts below for more clarity.

https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_ANALYTICS_CLOUD/00f68c2e08b941f081002fd3691d86a7/1a011f8041a84e109a3b6...

Br.

Nikhil

geeta2021
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, unpublished data is temp data which is not yet finalized. In planning we calculate different scenario, until it would not be finalized, we can keep making changes once the values are finalized then you can be published for final approval (whoever has the access can view the data) and get it locked in further changes is the one view. Another view is if i am performing calculation then i donot want others to see until it is finally decided that it is ready for review (the user who is making the changes would have the view thats it and no other person would be able to view those scenario calculations).

Thanks & Regards,

Geeta