cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud for Customer version 2 - Development approach

Kinsbrunner
Active Contributor

Hi colleagues,

I would be interested on getting further details related to the technical shift that C4C developers will need in order to work with C4C version 2.

Is it expected to have JavaScript knowledge to work on side-by-side extensions which will integrate with standard C4C through API calls? Is this the approach that will be used?

Will SDK disappear?

Is the new way of developing expected to be as rigid as C4C or can we expect to have more freedom as we used to have when working with technical stuff on CRM?

Is anyone aware of when SAP will provide further details about this topic?

Regards.

Alejandro.

View Entire Topic
dhruv_mehta
Active Contributor

Hi ale.kinsbru

As far as I understand there is NO C4C version 2, there is Sales Cloud version 2 and Service Cloud version 2, and both are diffrent systems.

For Customer specific extension we might have two options one is through AppGyver or SAP Build(they changed the name recently i think) and for complex developments SAP BTP Extension suite knowledge will be required, which has CAP(node js) and may be SAP UI5 expertise required( which means JS) also knowledge of Java and some other Web based technology is going to be very helpful.

SDK is not going to be used since that means inAPP development and Sales Cloud V2 or Service Cloud V2 are not based on ByDesign.

SAP will provide further details once they also have clarity, overall i feel there is many ambiguity over Cx Suite applications.

Kinsbrunner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks dhruv.mehta for taking the time to answer.

I have been reading and researching through the few things that are currently publiclly available and found that first option is through KUT which has now become more similar to S4 than ever. Next, SAP Build/AppGyver for those who are now recoznied by SAP as Citizen developers and, finally, we have BTP for extenal side-by-side extensions.

However, if we think carefully, we are missing some hooks like we used to have in old CRM legacy or in current C4C. I believe that SAP is still not having a full idea, or at least not sharing it in a public way.

Also, will we have some kind of C4C system conversions into v2 systems?

I would like to hear further from someone from SAP. I believe this is a major change, as when switching from CRM into C4C which requires developers to have some time to get converted.

Personally, I have deep experience within BTP dev and BTP workflow, but still would like to get official information from SAP in order to get prepared for the next big change. 😉

Any idea or reference that could be shared by our experts susheelkc and/or thiago.sarmento? If so, many thanks in advance 🙂

ThiagoSarmento
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

Thank you for your interest about SAP Sales and Service Cloud Version 2.

As you know, these are two separate cloud solutions and their documentation can be found here and here.

The development stack is primarily based on Java (Spring Boot) and JavaScript (NodeJS), having MongoDB for the database and angular for UI, with dependencies for web component development. SAP Cloud Applications Studio or SDK/PDI as we now it, will not be supported, but it will have it's own in-app extensibility which allows creating validations and determinations (similar to validations and events in SDK), for example. Flexibility is also a main feature which includes enhanced KUT options.

For side-by-side extensibility, SAP AppGyver would be the go-to option.

dhruv_mehta
Active Contributor

Hi thiago.sarmento ,

This was expected but this is so disappointing news always the main developers or consultants who suffer are CRM Developers,

We all know the KUT options are not enough in case specifically CustomBO development, how are we going to work on customer specific custom BO developments? BAS?

Also Mongo DB? why not using HANA DB? Plus this Java(Spring Boot), Javascript(Node) and Angular will we be allowed to touch any of this layers?

BR

Dhruvin