Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Identity Services - connectivity plan

SushantShinde
Advisor
Advisor

Dear Experts,

Can you please help me understand that by default we only have one Connectivity plan for Cloud Identity Services.

But, we have 2 IAS(Test, Prod) tenants allocated to the customer, So especially, when I have to read users from Abap WAS I need a Connectivity plan and as I have already used it for my Test tenant, how can I manage to read users for my Prod Tenant.

If, I have used it for my Test sub account, So is it so that for reading users for my Prod IAS tenant I will have to read it through my Test sub account. If this is true, it morally sounds incorrect or else is there any other way please leave a comment.

Please don’t suggest purchasing a new Connectivity plan as that incurs a cost. I am looking for any cost effective way for the customer.

Regards,

Sushant

View Entire Topic
istvanbokor
Advisor
Advisor

Hello,

When you subscribe from one BTP subaccount to connectivity plan, you need to choose the plan type: test or productive. The one you chose will be connected to this type of IAS. So if you choose test connectivity plan, it is compatible with test IAS. If you select productive plan type, it will be compatible with productive IAS. You need to have two subaccounts, if you have prod and test IAS tenants. Also you need to make sure that you choose the correct mapping, since it is also checked on top of the above if the subaccount region is compatible with the IAS region as per table: https://help.sap.com/docs/identity-provisioning/identity-provisioning/connecting-to-on-premise-syste...

Best regards,
Istvan

Janek_Niefeldt
Explorer
0 Kudos
@Istvan: I do not think this answers Sushant's question. His issue seems to be that he only has one (1) entitlement for connectivity plan in his global account (presumably not pay-as-you-go). By default you only seem to get one entitlement, which is not enough if you need to run it on two (2) subaccounts for Test and Prod like described by you. So the question would be: How can I increase my connectivity plan global quota for my global account?