cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combined MDG and S/4 HANA on single SID

0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am working on a project where the client want to move their Non SAP ERP to S/4 Hana 1809.My query is as of now they have MDG 8.0 installed on SAP ECC EHP 8 and has separate MDG landscape (4 system Landscape).

I would like to know that S/4 1809 has came with MDG 9.2 component,so can I use same S/4 HANA for MDG server to save the number of VMs.

1.Any Licensing issues if I use S/4 HANA for ERP as well as for MDG on same box

2.Is there any sizing need to adjust If I use MDG and ECC transactions on same box.

Regards

Hari

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Hello Hari,

MDG is integral part of S/4HANA. The 1809 Version has more capabilities than the latest ECC Version which is 9.2. If customer wants to move from a multi-system "MDG Hub" scenario to a so-called "co-deployment" they can do this. But saving numbers of VM is certainly not the decisive factor to change the deployment option.

The criteria are discussed in the following white paper which considers the latest updates as well:

MDG Landscape recommendation: https://www.sap.com/documents/2018/08/3e8b093f-167d-0010-87a3-c30de2ffd8ff.html

Sizing depends on the number of change requests processes per period. If customer is heavily using attachments or has significantly enhanced the MDG data model this may also influence performance. Check out the sizing guide and use the Quick Sizer tool.

Be aware that customer needs to convert/upgrade the ECC Licenses to S/4HANA Licenses.

BR Ingo
Product Manager MDG, SAP SE