Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consume on-prem services in sapui5 app without having XSUAA login

prashant9444
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Is there possibility to access on-prem services in SAPUI5 having no authentication but still I wanted to connect on-prem services. [ "authenticationMethod": "none" ]

I tried to access application without login but throwing me error while accessing services as "Invalid Proxy-Authorization header"

Thanks.

jhodel18
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

When you post a question, once you get the solution to your issue, make sure to mark the answer as "accepted" to close this thread.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jhodel18
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Your issue is not due to XSUAA. It looks like you were successful disabling XSUAA but failed on using the connectivity service.

You need to make sure that you have setup the destination and connectivity service (and cloud connector) correctly.

I have a blog about consumption of external service via app router. You will need this, but you have to manage on your own setting up the cloud connector and connectivity service.

https://blogs.sap.com/2020/06/20/consume-external-service-using-application-router/

prashant9444
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi jhodel18

Thank you for you input, yes correct I'm not able to consume on-prem services, if i disabled log in for ui5 app.

FYI, If I enable log in for my ui5 app, then its works perfectly ok. that means my connectivity & destination & CC are correct.

But I don't wanted enable log in for my ui5 app, I want it public and still wanted to consume on-prem services, any suggestions?

jhodel18
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Are you using HTML5 App Repo service to host your UI5 app?

Go to the xs-app.json file of your UI5 app and change the routing config to below:

"routes": [
    {
      "source": "^(.*)$",
      "target": "$1",
      "service": "html5-apps-repo-rt",
      "authenticationType": "none" // <-- disable the UI5 app authentication
    }
  ]

Keep the UAA authentication on and you will get the results you want.