cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumer ID error in communication arrangement for Event Consumption Model in BTP ABAP

Pankaj1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing one error while setting up communication arrangement for event consumption model and event mesh in BTP ABAP. To give more background around it, i am trying to send event from S/4HANA On-prem system and consume in BTP ABAP. In order to this, i have configured comm. arrangement of event mesh instance and BTP ABAP in FLP of BTP ABAP which is showing fine but when i am trying to make comm. arrangement of event consumption model, getting below error:-

Frontend Error: Consumer ID '******' version '0001' in state 'A' does not exist in repo 'DEFAULT', Service: /SAP/-APS_COM_CA2

Note: ***** is the communication system name entered in comm, arrangement.

Please help.

View Entire Topic
dibbern
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi pankaj.yadav,

From the message you provided it seems that there might be something wrong with the configuration of the arrangements.

I would suggest you to follow this developer tutorial Consume an Event using Event Consumption Model which covers a setup of the necessary communication arrangements (connection to the SAP Event Mesh and for the Event Consumption Model). In addition, it also covers the generation of an event consumption model itself.

Hope this helps.

Regards,Raphael

Pankaj1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raphael,

Yes it's a configuration problem. I am using the same blog but my event producer is S/4HANA on-premise instead of S/4HANA Public Cloud. Have you done this kind of scenario?

dibbern
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I have tried this kind of scenario and if you follow the dev tutorial it must work. Hence which step of the dev tutorial is actually raising this exception message? Is it Step 9 point 7?

Have you activated the event consumption model? Are you using the same name for the event consumption model and for the communication system of the arrangement?

Regards,

Raphael

Pankaj1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raphael,

Yes, I am referring to the same developer.sap exercise but its point to communicating with S4 Public Cloud. In my case, event will come from S/4HANA On-prem system for which i have activated and configured SAP NetWeaver Add-on enablement but it seems like enterprise event enablement of S/4HANA is more suitable to configure when it comes to consuming event in BTP ABAP as event metadata is needed.

I have also raised one query in this blog: https://blogs.sap.com/2022/08/19/an-introduction-to-enterprise-event-enablement-for-sap-btp-abap-env...

Let me know if you know anything of it.

dibbern
Explorer

Hi pankaj.yadav,

The communication system must not be displayed in the message you provided. Therefore it seems that the is a mismatch between communication system and communication arrangement of the corresponding communication scenario.

The generated event consumption model should contain an inbound service. This inbound service is listed in a communication scenario and from this communication scenario you are creating an arrangement.

The communication system is needed to provide a dedicated destination with tailored authorizations and is used for the linkage between the event consumption model communication arrangement and the communication arrangement used for the actual connection to the SAP Event Mesh.

As you can see there are many unknown objects involved and hence I would suggest you open a ticket on component OPU-XBE.

Regards,

Raphael