Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continous Integration and Alert Notification System quota in a trial account

marcmaurí
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear CI/CD and ANS team,

a few weeks ago I found the option to use the Alert Notification System in my CI/CD jobs. It was great because I was waiting this functionality for a long time.

I set up the integration in my trial environment to receive email notifications as soon as the deployments were completed. Everything worked as expected.

Yesterday, after two weeks without using it, I ran a job again and the result was that all the steps in the process where successful and the solution was deployed, but the job status showed and error.

After checking the logs, I saw that there was a problem with ANS quotas:

ERROR: [ansSendEvent] Step execution failed (category: service). Error: ANS http request to 'https://clm-sl-ans-live-ans-service-api.cfapps.us10.hana.ondemand.com/cf/producer/v1/resource-events' failed. Did not get expected status code 202; instead got 429; response body: {"code":429,"message":"API request quota exceeded. Allowed total attempts number of '50' per '1 hour'"}

Finished: FAILURE

The message is sufficiently clear and I understand that the quotas in the trial environment must have changed since I set it up or CI/CD is sending new notifications to ANS.

Based on the above, I would like to address some comments to the relevant teams:

• I would expect that the ANS quotas would support at least one deployment per hour, so it seems that 50 attempts per 1 hour quota is not sufficient.
  • The current behavior has forced me to disable ANS integration in my CI/CD job, and so I cannot be notified when deployments are finished.
  • If we users, in my case a partner, cannot test this integration and validate its benefits, it is more difficult for us to recommend its use to our customers.

I would suggest to the ANS team, to consider increasing the free quota in order to be able to test ANS integrated with the CI/CD service.

Best regards,

Marc

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Dear customer,

The purpose of the trial which you are using is to test the ANS functionality and to see whether it is helpful for you.

The request quota of the free trial is 50 events per hour. If this doesn’t satisfy your need, you can upgrade your plan to standard. I’ve provided a link to the service catalog where you can see the prices

service_catalog

Best,

Stoyan

marcmaurí
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Stoyan,

I completely agree with your first sentence and this is the reason for my message.

If you provide an integration between the CI/CD service and the ANS service and we are not able to test it because of a quota issue, we cannot see if such integration is useful for us.

Best regards,

Marc

0 Kudos

Dear customer,

I will make a little internal investigation and will return a response as soon as possible.

Best,

Stoyan