Did you mean: 

Copy Configuration Scenario Wizard stops at the second step

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

As according to the following page:

Copying Configuration Scenarios - Integration Directory - SAP Library

we can use Copy Configuration Scenario Wizard when we have a new client to be integrated. In my case, we have used a copy client method of a PI from an older version to a new server and proceed to upgrade the new server to a newer version (PI v7.4).

Now, because the new server is connected to a different client, I want to adjust the existing CS to point to a different BS/BC.

I've tried to use the Copy CS wizard but then after I press continue at the second step "Target Configuration Scenario", it just stops there like processing nothing. Normally we would expects it to do some "analyzing" then proceeds to the third step "Target Communication Components".

Copying a new configured CS with the wizard works just fine, the problem is copying CS that is copied from the previous server.

Thank you,

Suwandi C.

View Entire Topic
suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The problem is in the CS name. Seems that if the CS name contains '-' or ' ' (space), the copy CS object would not work, removing that characters from the name solves the problem.

Thank you,

Suwandi C.

acmebcn
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suwandi,

First of all, thx for documenting the solution I guess you found on your own. 8 years later, you saved my day 🙂

For the sake of curiosity, this issue happens with any object name containing spaces. In my case, it failed because of the scenario name had a space within two words.

All the best,

David R.