cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create SAP instance from SAP Cloud Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

As per the instruction of create SAP instance from SAP Cloud Library, I created vm r.xlarge machine on amazon, but when I created sap instance from SAP Cloud Library, the SAP created another vm machine rather than i created before and did not use the one I created on Amazon by myself. I have create instance "SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP and SAP BW 7.50 SP02 on ASE [Developer Edition]", and SAP charge me $0.57 per our, and $11.65 monthly when suspended.

My Questions: 1. Who will charge me? SAP, Amazon, or Both of them? 2 how the suspension cost will be calculated?
View Entire Topic
pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- SAP CAL deploys a complete instance, VM and all.

- Your VM provider bills you, not SAP.

- You are billed a basic cost (mostly storage), which is the $11.65, plus a running cost per hour your machine is up. Think of it as hard drive space (permanent fixed cost) + renting a physical machine when you need it (per hour cost).

If you want to run in your own-created VM, you would have to connect to your VM, download the local SAP installation to your VM and install it there just as you would on your own PC. But I don't see the point for a developer version.

former_member196674
Active Participant

I would suggest also using a scheduling options on instance level in order to save Cloud Provider costs.

https://calstatic.hana.ondemand.com/res/~1457361176000~/docEN/aec663ff433740e59d5f39ef48cb77d9.html