Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report Server: connect to DBs with same name and schema

satech
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello world, first post here!

Plan to evaluate Crystal Report Server. Before evaluation, want to know if the product works well with multiple DBs with same name and schema.

Basically, there is an application installed on multiple sites. As it's the same application, default database name, login credentials, schema, are all the same.

My goal is to retrieve data from multiple databases, and present the data in one report. So the report will need to have multiple database connectors.

If the goal is only to generate a report, and no need for scheduled report/live office, etc, will Crystal Report alone can do the job?

Thanks.

View Entire Topic
satech
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Dell for the information!

I cannot create views on existing database, as it will void the service agreement. But I can create a database on the CRS that has views accessing other databases. I will give it a try.

The challenge is, among all of these applications, one application's SQLite database is encrypted and I don't have the key. CR run-time shipped with this product can access its database, however (how?). My plan is to use one of the RPL files, duplicate the database connector multiple times, and then access all instances. As I don't have the key, I cannot query this application's database via SQL (but when editing a RPL file, I can add my own SQL and it works fine). Maybe I have to create x copies of the same report, one report per database, export data to Excel, and then run a consolidated report based on data from that Excel?