cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Data Browser Fiori app for S/4Hana On-Premise environment?

Rakesh_Kr
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Experts,

We were analyzing the Customer Data Browser apps for S/4Hana 2023 On-Premise environment. I can find the apps and related mappings in Content Manager, however few related settings seems to be unavailable related to restrictions on object levels.

I wanted to understand if we can use this app on on-premise S/4Hana environment? In Fiori Apps Library I see its available only for S/4Hana Cloud, however the Tile and contents are also available on On-Premise and seems to be working for data preview.

Any suggestions would be helpful here for us in making the decision on this app usage in our on-premise environment.

Thanks,

Rakesh

View Entire Topic
Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Rakesh, Thanks for your query. I checked with the product owner and product manager.  

The app is released for SAP S/4HANA Public Cloud. 

Currently the app is technically available but not considered fully functional for Private Cloud/on-premise - for example you can run it and use it to view CDS Views but not tables.  This is because public cloud uses a restriction approach that's somewhat different to the Private Cloud authorization approach. So there's some additional work and testing before it can be released to Private Cloud. 

They have on their roadmap to make the app available for Private Cloud as well - currently they are hoping to release the app for Private Cloud with 2023 FPS03. However that's not officially confirmed and of course timelines can change. 

Hope that helps

Rakesh_Kr
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn,

Thanks! for the response and clarification on this topic. It's really useful to give us a direction in making a decision on this in our current version.

We are checking further from auth perspective, if we can use partially now only with CDS view or have to wait till SP03 is applied on our S/4Hana system.

Thanks,

Rakesh