cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Provisioning Adapter SDK - No debugging possible due to missing launch file

marco_spyker
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have begun to make our first steps in developing a custom adapter using the Data Provisioning SDK for the DP Agent.

But for now we unfortunately have some issues in trying to be able to use the debugging functionalities.

In the tutorial we tried to follow the steps „Import the Launch Configuration“ (https://help.sap.com/viewer/e974128d984d4bfeaa0c0b582ce24d79/2.0_SPS04/en-US/ccb45b9cd2e14e17808a790...)

The issue in detail: we do not find the launch configuration to import into HANA Studio…

… and therefore cannot proceed with the following steps to debug our code, but this is essential in diving deeper into the code and develop sophisticated logic.

The launch configuration does not exist in the folder of our DPA Installation (2.5.1.1) (<dpa-root>/ui) as described in the SDK guide:

BTW: We could successfully fulfill installation steps „Install the Data Provision Feature“ and „Create a Custom Adapter Using a New Plug-in Project“ of the SDK guide, so we are able to build and deploy our custom adapter.

Any inspiring idea is welcome! 🙂

Thanks a lot in advance,

Marco

Attachments:

Java-Version
java version "1.8.0_261"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_261-b12)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.261-b12, mixed mode)

local DPAgent-Version
dpagent.version=2.5.1.1
lcmsdk.version=2.5.28
dpagentservice.version=2.5.0
dpadapters.version=2.5.0
repagent.syb.version=15.7.1SP210
repagent.sybfilter.version=15.7.1SP214
sqlanywhere.version=16.0.0.1691
ms.vcredist.2010.version=10.0.40219
ms.vcredist.2015.version=14.0.24212
ocs.version=16.0.03.06
ci.version=1.9.0-rc-2
dataservices.engine.version=14.2.14.2681
dataservices.lib.version=14.2.8.1504
dpagent.build.version=2.5.1.1

View Entire Topic
werner_daehn
Active Contributor

Interesting. I was about to argue that it must be there, checked my Linux installation and indeed there is a file AgentConfig.launch in the ui directory. Then I wanted simulate an import on the windows computer and no such file can be found!

Anyway, this is the content of the AgentConfig.launch file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<launchConfiguration type="org.eclipse.pde.ui.EquinoxLauncher">
<booleanAttribute key="append.args" value="true"/>
<booleanAttribute key="automaticAdd" value="true"/>
<booleanAttribute key="automaticValidate" value="false"/>
<stringAttribute key="bootstrap" value=""/>
<stringAttribute key="checked" value="[NONE]"/>
<booleanAttribute key="clearConfig" value="false"/>
<stringAttribute key="configLocation" value="${workspace_loc}/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/AgentConfig"/>
<booleanAttribute key="default" value="true"/>
<booleanAttribute key="default_auto_start" value="true"/>
<intAttribute key="default_start_level" value="4"/>
<booleanAttribute key="includeOptional" value="true"/>
<booleanAttribute key="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.ATTR_USE_START_ON_FIRST_THREAD" value="true"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER" value="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.StandardVMType/JavaSE-1.6"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.PROGRAM_ARGUMENTS" value="-os ${target.os} -ws ${target.ws} -arch ${target.arch} -nl ${target.nl} -consoleLog -console"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.SOURCE_PATH_PROVIDER" value="org.eclipse.pde.ui.workbenchClasspathProvider"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.VM_ARGUMENTS" value="-Declipse.ignoreApp=true -Dosgi.noShutdown=true -Dframework.debug.headers=true -DinstallDir=. -Dframework.log.dir=./log"/>
<stringAttribute key="pde.version" value="3.3"/>
<booleanAttribute key="show_selected_only" value="false"/>
<stringAttribute key="target_bundles" value="com.sap.hana.dp.adapterframework@default:default,com.sap.hana.dp.agent@default:default,com.sap.hana.dp.log4jfragment@default:default,org.apache.felix.gogo.command@default:default,org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime@default:default,org.apache.felix.gogo.shell@default:default,org.eclipse.equinox.common@2:true,org.eclipse.equinox.console@default:default,org.eclipse.osgi.services@default:default,org.eclipse.osgi.util@default:default,org.eclipse.osgi@-1:true"/>
<booleanAttribute key="tracing" value="false"/>
<booleanAttribute key="useCustomFeatures" value="false"/>
<booleanAttribute key="useDefaultConfigArea" value="true"/>
<stringAttribute key="workspace_bundles" value="TestAdapter@default:default"/>
</launchConfiguration>
marco_spyker
Explorer

Dear Werner,

thank you very, very much! It is working like a charm. 🙂

Only little thing I had to change was the working directory under the 'Arguments' tab to point to my local DPAgent-Installation-folder,

MIstakenly it was pointing to 'c:\windows\system32' for whatever reason. 🙂

If I had known earlier, that I get the right answer within 6 hours here, I would not have opened an high priority incident nearly 2 weeks ago and still waiting for an answer from SAP support team.

But just out of interest: Where did you find the AgentConfig.launch file, if you had no luck in finding it in your Linux/Windows installation, as well?

You made my day. 🙂

Marco

werner_daehn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

marco.spyker I meant to say in my previous post that I found it in the Linux installation of the dpagent but not in the Windows installation.

Note: If you need help with the adapter development, ask here in the forum (and ping me if it is urgent).

marco_spyker
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ah, ok. I was so euphoric that I misread your first sentence.

But again, thanks a lot for your support,

Marco

marco_spyker
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi werner.daehn,
hi all.

After some testing I am struggeling with another challenge:

I created the AgentConfig.launch file and copied your content into it. So, I was able to start und launch my local installation of the DPAgent and connect in to our HANA (onPremise).

Unfortunately, in the conosole window I am missing the "osgi>" prompt and therefore I am not able to call framework methods like "dplogin" or "dpregisteradapter".

Do you (or anyone else) have an idea, what I am (eventually) doing wrong? Or maybe a bundle in the configuration is missing?

Thanks a lot for your time and support,

Marco

werner_daehn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Felix Gogo" maybe? This is an Eclipse Plugin and there are three parts of it.

marco_spyker
Explorer
0 Kudos

This is how my bundle configurations looks like:

werner_daehn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just checked, that's identical to mine. Version, Start Level, everything.

Then there is just one more: In Eclipse go to

Help -> About -> Installation Details -> Plugins and search for "console"

Should be three items.

marco_spyker
Explorer
0 Kudos

This is how it looks for me:

Maybe I should switch to eclipse instead using HANA Studio?

werner_daehn
Active Contributor

Worth a try.

If SAP would get rid of the OSGi Framework and use Maven as everybody else, that would help us all as well.

marco_spyker
Explorer
0 Kudos

I agree! 🙂

But Werner, thanks again for your support and time!

marco_spyker
Explorer

Hi werner.daehn ,

sorry to bother you again. But maybe this one is also easy for you to solve?

https://answers.sap.com/questions/13175118/data-provisioning-adapter-sdk-no-pushdown-of-adapt.html

Thank you very much in advance,

Marco

BTW: Using eclipse to launch our local dpagent in debug mode shows the "osgi>" prompt! 🙂 Eclipse-Version: 2020-09 (4.17.0) Build id: 20200910-1200