cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Services Designer Login Screen is too small - how can it be resized?

klynchfl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Logging into a remote Server where the Display is managed by an administrator. When Designer is launched the screen is appearing as below:

Holding the cursor over the edges is not indicating it can be resized. All other applications on the remote desktop open normally. Does anyone have a solution for how to resize (please not I cannot adjust resolution or scaling - that is controlled by a remote administrator)

I can login and switch repositories when I get in - but this is becoming quite a hassle.

Thank you for any assistance !

Ken

View Entire Topic
jmuiruri
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi klynchfl,

What kind of Remote Desktop Tool are you using?

After you login, is the designer window also this small or just the login window?

Best Regards,

Joseph

klynchfl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Joseph!

Really no oddities with the connection - Using Widows Remote Desktop from a VDI to the Server hosting DataServices front end (this is an Amazon hosted Windows Server 2019).

All icons and displays are normal - yet when I go and launch Designer that image is exactly what pops up.

klynchfl
Explorer
0 Kudos

another image to show all else is normal:
capture2.png

jmuiruri
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi klynchfl,

Renaming %DS_USER_DIR%\DSUserConfig.txt and try launching the designer again.

Best Regards,

Joseph

klynchfl
Explorer

Hi Joseph, I utilized another user's copy of DSUserConfig.txt who is not having the same issue on their login to the same server - still same situation.

Thanks!

Ken