Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

date from both tables

SJohnson
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

<p><Copied from the Beta forums> </p><p>I have two tables coming from different DB and I need to bring some record from with the same date from both tables<br />How I can do that...?<br /><br />Thanks for you help</p>

View Entire Topic
SJohnson
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

<p>Well, i am not a report design expert but you should be able to do this a number of ways.</p><p>First, if there is a linking field in both databases then you can easily link on this value and then filter your report on the specific date fields. For example if you have a Customer Table in your Support Database and a similar Customer Table in your Sales Database, you should be able to link on a CustomerID field providing they are both the same. This will allow you to design each record to display the appropriate data from each table. Next if you wanted to filter the data to only show the customers who bought their product in August as well as called support in August you would apply a record filter for both Databases to limit the dates to August. Or if you only need to filter the date for the Support calls made in August you would only add the one filter</p><p>Alternative to the first option you could use subreports to solve this problem as well. In this scenario you would design the main report using one database, and then add a subreport to each record. You would setup a linking parameter from the main report to the subreport based on the data that you want to filter on (e.g. CustomerID and Date) . If you don&#39;t have a linking field (e.g. CustomerID) you can pass in a formula value where you construct the appropriate linking value. This is useful in the scenarios where one database has similar data but not exact. For example if one Database has two fields for Customer Name (FirstName and LastName) and the second Database has one field which contains both values, then you could use a formula to construct a value using FirstName and LastName fields to match the second database.</p><p>Finally, you may be able to accomplish this using Groups. If you group on the required date and add the appropriate fields within each record you should get your desired results.</p><p>Like I said though, I am not a report design expert. Hopefully, someone else may chime in with some other design ideas. In the meantime, I hope this provides you with some ideas to try. </p><p>Regards,<br />Sean <br /></p>