cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deprecated Analytical Dataset in Datasphere - Need Alternative Approach Guidance

tejas_hatwalne
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Community,

I am facing a challenge with the deprecated usage of Analytical Dataset in Datasphere. As you may know, this feature has been deprecated and is no longer recommended for use. I would greatly appreciate your guidance on the alternative approach to leverage similar functionalities in the new environment.

I have been relying on Analytical Dataset to perform advanced analytics and gain insights from my data. However, with its deprecation, I am now seeking alternatives that can provide similar capabilities within Datasphere or any recommended tools within the SAP ecosystem.

Could you please share your expertise and suggest the best practices or alternative methods to achieve similar outcomes? I am particularly interested in analyzing data, performing calculations, and generating meaningful visualizations for business intelligence purposes.

Your insights, experiences, or any documentation pointing to relevant resources would be highly valuable in overcoming this challenge. I am eager to explore the available options and ensure a smooth transition to a new approach.

Thank you in advance for your time and support.

Best regards,

Crave Infotech

View Entire Topic
irodin10
Explorer
0 Kudos

Use the "Fact" semantic type. The recent change has pretty much just been a renaming.

julienleloup
Explorer

Well, there is one important difference, that needs to be mentioned, and that is that the "Fact" semantic type is no longer consumable by SAP Analytics Cloud! While Analytical Datasets could be used as a source for SAC, Facts cannot, and an Analytic Model is required to consume the data.

This also has the impact that from then on, you HAVE TO use the Optimized Design Experience, while with Analtytical Datasets, you could still use the Classic version.

Regards,

Julien