cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does BAS support refactor?

Julius123
Participant
0 Kudos

In Eclipse or IntelliJ, there is an easy way to rename variables or files throughout a project. This is done, for example in Eclipse, with an option called "Refactor" (see below picture). This renames the file/variable and all of its usages throughout the project.

Does BAS with MDK support this as well? Currently, when I rename a file, I have to go through every place in the project that uses this file (for example, an action) and rename it there as well. It is usually made easier by "MDK: Validate Application" because that finds the usages and gives errors. However, this does not work for i18n objects. So this would be much more convenient if it exists.

View Entire Topic
WouterLemaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BAS is based on vscode and I know this is possible in vscode for JavaScript files. So I think yes but maybe not for all type of files.

You can have a look at vscode extensions for this.

Julius123
Participant
0 Kudos

Okay thank you for your answer. I looked through some questions and answers on vscode concerning this topic. Refactor in JavaScript files works, that is a good thing. For file names, I couldn't find that refactor is available, so I guess this is just how vscode and derivatives work at the moment. Solving it with an extension is a good idea. A less convenient but functional approach I got told is the search (Ctrl+Shift+F). It would be great if file name refactor was supported out of the box, but if vscode can't do it, then it makes sense that BAS can't do it either. Thank you for the information.