cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DRC - Italy - Official document numbering (ODN)

akaserer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

In Italy we got the requirement to maintain gap less document numbering within the Italian company code.

SAP offers the Official document numbering (ODN) in Italy - see

Official document numbering (ODN) in SAP S/4HANA Cloud

Do you use the ODN-functionality in Italy for your customers or projects?

We got some clients already, who managed to work without ODN-customizing. They use these rules:

• There is a validation so that they cannot set back the posting date in incoming invoices
  • Make sure that no parked incoming invoices are deleted (permissions)

Do we need to setup ODN up if we use Document and Compliance Reporting, or is it supported when sending and receiving invoices via Document and Compliance Reporting / eDcoument Cockpit?

Thanks

A.

beier-rehau2021
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi, we are using SAP-standard ODN functionality (filled within VBRK-XBLNR field) together with SAP DRC. If it is obligatory for SAP DRC mapping I couldn't 100% confirm, but I know that ODN Number is part of the XML content.

It is realy important to avoid gaps, therefore we implemented also rules within billing types to avoid cancellations for billing documents with existing accounting documents via VF11. Debit and Credit Notes should be created also without reference, to avoid double usage of the same ODN.

For the incoming invoice part we have a Z-solution, so I couldn't answer your question regarding posting date.

Daniela Beier
REHAU Industries

View Entire Topic
akaserer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniela,

Thank you for sharing your insights on the use of ODN in Italy and your experiences with SAP DRC.

I wanted to bring to your attention the feedback we received from our SAP finance experts regarding the use of ODN. They mentioned that in previous projects, attempts to use ODN resulted in more issues than solutions. Consequently, their advice is not to use ODN for Italy. The did SAP validations instead, to ensure gapless numbers.

Specifically, they mentioned using BELNR as ODN.

Given this advice, we're now exploring how to map BELNR to the XML content. I wanted to seek your expertise on this matter. Do you have any recommendations or insights on how we can effectively map BELNR to the XML content, considering your experience with ODN and SAP DRC?

Your guidance on this would be highly valuable, and we appreciate your time and expertise.

Thanks,

Andreas