cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC to S4 HANA BW Impact.

One of my customer is migrating from ECC system to S4 HANA,

What are the pre or post migration activities in BW required, what is the consequence expected and what is the role of BW consultant during the migration process. What are the action steps to be performed by BW consultant.

Will their be change in extractors ?

Is their only Simple Finance & Logistics there is change in terms of BW perspective,when we come to S4 HANA.

One information i get when i searched is , for Finance related extractors in BW if there are any customer exit bringing from base table, it could impact the BW,because all the tables related to Finance is changed to ACDOCA tables.

Am i right ?

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Hi Sundaram,

you are almost right.

Post activities are similar like ECC Version upgrade list - old BW Data sources most of them will work however few will impact because of underlying tables are changed (EX: Finance Areas).

You might as part of conversion want your reports to point to the extractor for ACDOCA and this should help you get more data and reduce the load time.

Existing non Finance BW data sources works smoothly then you don't need to adjust , and only use new capabilities of S4 for new reports on ABAP CDS Views (Open ODS or SDA Concept in HANA Studio). If not, then you could adjust it or create new on from the scratch.

BR/

Anand Kotha

0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thanks for your reply...

As i understand old data source will work as before non Finance BW datasources, so there is no need to use existing CDS views or create a new one.

Will the customer exits work as before or is their any change as well.

For Finanace datasource should we create new datasources or CDS views ?

With Regards,

Meiyappan