cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR - Click execution timeout in SAP GUI

0 Kudos

Hello, I am getting an error when I click on the button.

The action is being processed, I go to another page, but the robot thinks that the button is not pressed. Tell me please

Private_Member_467521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi nastena_9119_221,

Allow me to ask a quick question while the community research on your topic. Did you find any SAP IRPA training available? If so, where?

albert_cai2
Explorer

Hi nastena_9119_221,

I noticed that your screen shows GUI busy, please investigate why your GUI is busy. Is it processing some jobs?

Best Regards

Albert

0 Kudos

Hi, albert.cai2

I am using code like this to check if the server is busy and then I do a click

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jerome
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We recommend not using a while statement as it blocks the thread the agent is running on.

Instead, check if SAPGuiBusy() returns true or not. If true, wait for a few seconds, then go back to the step where you perform the test (you might want to use asynchronous loops for that, so the thread is not blocked and so you don't stay too long in a given step, which will allow you to avoid a timeout issue)

0 Kudos

Hi, What do you mean by asynchronous loops?
This error occurs when I exit the loop, in other words, page not busy (SAPGuiBusy() = false) and when the next action occurs, the robot falls on timeout .

Jerome
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the activities in the Desktop Studio to create asynchronous loops :

It will create several steps in your flow, preventing the agent to fall into a timeout if SAPGUI is busy for more than 30 seconds for exemple.

You insert a start loop in your flow, then you insert a delay. Then a exit loop activity where you test the condition (in your case if SAPGUI is not busy anymore). Last, insert a loop activity.

That way, if the condition is met (i.e. SAPGUI not busy) then you can go to next step where you click on the oItem17

See below an exemple:

By doing this, your agent will go from one step to another, and then you won't have a timeout issue when you exit the loop

Regards,

J.