Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in rendering root for dialog "DLG_VARIABLE while executing BEx query

former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having an issue executing one of our old BEx query.

When I executing using filter fiscal period 001.2019 to 012.2019 it works perfectly fine but when I execute for 001.2020 to 012.2020 it throws an error (please see the screenshot).

It is really strange that it is working for 2019 but as soon as I change the fiscal period 2020, I get this error.

We are on SAP_BW7.4 / SP74020

According to the error below in screenshot, it says there is a replacement path variable ZFISCYRPER_TO causing an issue but I have created a test report on the same source system using the same variable and it works perfectly fine.

Just for your information, our basis dept recently copies a client from production to QA and this issue started after that otherwise last year this report was working fine.

I would really appreciate your help if you can advise what could be the possible cause as this is our most important report.

Thank you.

View Entire Topic
bhavinvyas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer SAP OSS note for the same,

2465736 - Error: Error in rendering root for dialog “DLG_VARIABLE”

Since you are on < 7.50 SP6 (e.g. 7.50 SP5), please follow the manual instructions mentioned below to solve the problem.

1. Go to SE11
    2. Enter 'BICS_PROV_STATE_VARIABLE' in section 'Data type'. Choose the option 'Change'
    3. Remove the component type 'RSBOLAP_VALUE' and enter 'BICS_PROV_VALUE'
    4. Click on 'Save' and 'Activate'
    5. Please restart your portal after performing the steps above.
    6. More details on SAP Note 2357717.

Hope it helps!

Thanks,

Bhavin

former_member203111
    Participant
    0 Kudos

Hi Bhavin,

According to the note you mentioned in line 6, it says "The problem occurs only in SAP BW 7.50"

Can you please advise if there is an impact on removing component type 'RSBOLAP_VALUE' and enter 'BICS_PROV_VALUE'

Thanks