Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event based integration on SAP Public Cloud - event payload

Amandeep
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As per the Standard functionality of SAP, there are fixed payloads of events which get triggered from SAP Public Cloud.

Example:

https://api.sap.com/event/CE_SALESORDEREVENTS/resource

Event Mesh receives what ever is transmitted from Public cloud. To make the integration work, we need way more fields than pre-defined payloads or we do API calls from Integration Suite to get additional data.

Is there way in SAP Public Cloud that additional fields can be added to the payload ?

Thanks

-Aman

OwenLiu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Changed tag to Extensibility.

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know the idea of events integration is that events carry minimum information in their payload. Any additional data needs to be retrieved with corresponding API calls.

Tayane
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Aman,

We helped you to accept the answer, since there were no updates after 7 days.

You can unaccept it anytime if the answer provided was not helpful enough and you have further questions.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

KStrothmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Aman,

currently adding additional fields to standard events in SAP S/4HANA Cloud is not possible. Events are provided by SAP development, and cannot be adjusted. There is one way for you to get the specific event you would want as part of the standard: you could go through the request process of SAP.

The good news is that this is to change. The colleagues are working on making it possible to extend S/4HANA standard events both in SAP S/4HANA and in SAP S/4HANA Cloud. On top from what I know the options to create custom events will be improved.

As for the timelines and the exact scope, this is something the S/4 colleagues would be asked about best. From my understanding, for SAP S/4HANA Cloud we are talking about beginning of 2024. For SAP S/4HANA in the fall of 2023.

Best,

Karsten

Amandeep
Participant

Hi Karsten,

It may sound silly, but, is there a way to subscribe to Public cloud events inside S4 itself, rather than going out to Event Mesh ? May be via a class or some other mechanism ?

Scenario:

On a Sales Order Change event, I would like to process other objects in SAP.

Thanks

-Aman

JChristophNolte
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Aman, hi Karsten,

being able to consume the events within the ABAP stack, rather than externally through Event Mesh, is a very natural idea, I think. The existing established, veteran event infrastructure in S/4HANA used for workflow, the BOR and class-based events, does provide this option through transaction SWE2 - which is not available in public cloud (but which may be a way to approach problems and issues in Private Cloud edition and for on premise systems).

As for "local RAP event consumption" (possibly very similar to SWE2): No promises here, but keep your eyes open in the next release coming out later this month ... maybe there is something "silly" exactly as proposed above. No promises. Check yourself.

Just to point out the obvious: internal/local consumption is a very, very different use case from external consumption. It is a separate option for local extensibility as part of ABAP cloud. Business Event Handling in S/4HANA, sending events to Event Mesh, is a means to build side-by-side extensibility (and maybe replicate some data) - by and large a tool for "integration", between systems. Local consumption is a local extensibility option. - It may be possible to combine both, implementing a local event consumer that - after some additional processing, like filtering, evaluating additional complex conditions and/or data enrichment - in turn sends a (very specific) customer event to Event Mesh.

Best regards,

Christoph

Answers (0)