cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execute BAPI return error message for BAPI_XBP_JOB_READ in SAP Build Process Automation

ranjith_kumar89
Participant

I used BAPI BAPI_XBP_JOB_READ in SAP build Process Automation. It throw error "BAPI exception : PARAMETER ET_PRIPAREXT of FUNCTION BAPI_XBP_JOB_READ (GETTER): cannot convert TABLE BAPIXM_STEP_PRIPAREXT_TAB [STRUCTURE BAPIXM_STEP_PRIPAREXT] into String"

Anyone faced this issue? How may I fix this issue.

ankitsomani
Participant
0 Kudos

This is a known issue and we are working on it.

magm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello! I'm having the same problem with the latest BAPI SDK versions, I have a couple of similar bots using BAPI SDK version 1.26.51 and they don't have this problem

janv7306
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

Can you specify, what's the last BAPI SDK version, where output params work well? I have the same issue with HRXSS_IN_INSERT_P0015 bapi function call.

BAPI exception : PARAMETER ERR_MESSAGES of FUNCTION HRXSS_IN_INSERT_P0015 (GETTER): cannot convert TABLE HRPBSINBAPIRET [STRUCTURE BAPIRET1] into String

Thanx a lot.

JV

magm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, BAPI SDK 1.26.51 is the version in which I did not have this problem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Raghu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Ranjith,

You need to share additional details on how you defined Input and output parameters in this BAPI call.

May be you can review this blog on a different BAPI call, it will give you an idea how TABLE is handled in BAPI call

SAP Intelligent RPA 2.0 – How to execute BAPI | SAP Blogs

Regards

Raghu

ranjith_kumar89
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi raghuraman.ramakrishnan,

Import variable is declared as below and it seems fine

The issue is with export/outputs ET_PRIPAREXT. I think we can't define the outputs in SAP build process automation cloud. Below image is the export parameters in SAP which shows "ET_PRIPAREXT"