Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend standard Fiori App field with standard Value Help

nusch
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

as easy as it sounds... we have a standard Fiori App (F1643) and a standard field (PurchaseContract) which we would like to simply enhance with a value help ( standard CDS C_PurchaseContractValHelp).
We have extended the CDS View, which serves as an oData in the App and tried to enrich the annotations with the value help, but unfortunately it doesn't work (version 2022, NW 7.57).

association [0..1] to C_PurchaseContractValHelp as _PurchaseContractVH on $projection.purchasecontract = _PurchaseContractVH.PurchaseContract
 {
    @EndUserText.label: 'Georgi test'
    @ObjectModel.text.association: '_PurchaseContractVH'
    @Consumption.valueHelpDefinition: [{entity:{name:'C_PurchaseContractValHelp' , element: 'PurchaseContract'}}]
    I_Purchaserequisitionitem_Wd.PurchaseContract as ZPurchaseContract,
    _PurchaseContractVH
}

I have come accross a lot of not answered questions where the same issue occurs, some proposed solutions, but working only for custom oData services, but nothing for this very standard case. Could someone give me a hint, what would be the solution here? The weird thing is, that even the Label set was ignored by the application.
I have such enhancements with custom fields, which are working as expected, but not with the standard fields.
andre.fischer oliver.graeff jamie.cawley aschlott

View Entire Topic
andrewfloriano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Georgi,

One of the things we should confirm when extending standard fields is to enable de usage through the "Custom Fields and Logic app".

nusch
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi andrew.floriano ,

thanks for your answer. Does this mean, that I have to define some dummy custom field in order to enable this usage through the 'Custom Fields and Logic app' ? Otherwise I don't see any way how to set this option direclty.