cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori App not visible in Fiori Launchpad

0 Kudos

I'm using ABAP Environment commercial subscription and developing a simple app in ADT, I could create an IAM app, assign the service ( I can see the preview), add to a catalogue and even create a Template. I could assign and use the template to my user and still not see the application in the ABAP Environment Fiori Launchpad, even when I can see the business catalogue with the business user assigned. What could be happening?

kaidehmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ernesto,

do you use space-based or group-based homepage?

Best regards
Kai

0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

I tried both, but in the beginning, I tried group-baed. Is there any difference, I'd prefer to use the classic group-based though.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kaidehmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Short answer: Yes

Long answer:

When SAP provides a business role template then SAP can create and assign a space template. Both objects are cross-client development objects.

When an administrator of the SAP BTP, ABAP environment creates a (client-dependent) business role from such a business role template, then the administrator has the following possibilities:

• Assign the space template direct. Since the cross-client space template is owned by SAP, it cannot be adapted and it may change with next release
  • Create and assign a (client-dependent) space from the template. Since the space is owned by the customer, it can be adapted and will not change during upgrade

As a developer in the SAP BPT, ABAP environment, you can create business role templates in ABAP Cloud already today, but, unfortunately, it is not possible create space templates in ABAP Cloud, yet. So if you create a business role from a business role template, you always have to maintain a space from scratch.

This shortcoming shall be tackled by the roadmap item. That is, a developer of a software component shall be able to create space templates in ADT. These space templates can then be used in business roles direct, or a (client-dependent) space can be created from the space template. The space template can only be changed by the owner/developers of the software component, whereas the space is owned and maintained by the “owner of the client”.

In SaaS tenants, the client is owned by the consumer of the SaaS solution. Hence, SaaS consumers can either use space templates of the product direct, or create spaces from the provided space templates.

Usual disclaimer: SAP does not commit delivering this feature. It is planned as indicated in the roadmap.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kaidehmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ernesto,

it is not possible to add a custom Fiori app to a group as administrator. If you run a group-based homepage, you can access the app from the app finder and personalize it to your homepage as business user, see Adding Apps to the Home Page

It is possible to add a custom Fiori app to a page as administrator. If you run a space-based homepage, you can maintain a space with page using the Manage Launchpad Spaces and Manage Launchpad Pages, assign the app to the page, and assign the space to the business role using the Maintain Business Role app. Business users that are assigned the business role will be able to access the page. Additionally, you can access the app from the app finder and personalize it to a page as business user, see Adding Apps to a Page

Are you able to access the app using the app finder?

Best regards

For more information around administration and personalization of the Fiori Launchpad, see SAP Fiori Launchpad - Administration Guide and SAP Fiori Launchpad - User Guide.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

I'm facing the same issue as described by Ernesto also in 2023. But I've found on the Q4/2023 Roadmap this description:

"Space and page template support in ABAP development tools for Eclipse"

Can you confirm that is will allow us to create a development object that is part of the software component that will be built into a product and made available in all SaaS tenants?

Best Regards
Gregor

FrankJentsch
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Did you follow all steps of the last part of this tutorial?
https://developers.sap.com/group.abap-env-restful-managed.html

Did you press the publish locally button for the IAM object and the Business Catalog?

0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Yes, indeed I did but the scenario there is to deploy Fiori App from BAS to CloudFOundry and then use the FioriLancuhapd service to costume the app. I want something simpler to understand the ABAP lifecycle. Using the ABAP Fiori Launchpad and not the service. My question might be....is that possible? in my understanding it is, I reckon it is recommended for testing purposes, but please let me know if I'm wrong.

I pushed the publish locally button and activate the business catalogue, by the way. I did not see anything but the green indicator On.

Thanks

kaidehmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ernesto,

the tutorial linked by Frank shows how to deploy the UI to ABAP. There is indeed another tutorial that shows how to deploy to Cloud Foundry.

I recommend to have a look at our UI Development documentation on help.sap.com. There you will find information how to Develop an SAP Fiori Application UI and Deploy it to ABAP Using SAP Business Application Studio. This also links the Create a SAP Fiori App and Deploy it to SAP BTP, ABAP Environment tutorial.

There is another topic how to Develop an SAP Fiori Application and Deploy it to Cloud Foundry Using SAP Business Application Studi.... This also links a tutorial, namely Create a SAP Fiori App and Deploy it to SAP BTP, Cloud Foundry environment

Deployment to ABAP is not just for testing purposes. If you implement a UI against an OData service from the ABAP Environment, I recommend to deploy the UI to ABAP.

Best regards
Kai