cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori Elements Report – Colum list is not updated after CDS activation (cache issue?)

GregMalewski
Contributor

On-prem SAP S4HANA 2021 SP01, UI5 library 1.96.1, App: F2370 “Manage Sales Inquiries - for Internal Sales Representative” is a Fiori Elements Report.

I want to add a custom column, “User Status.”

I have created a custom CDS view ZC_INQUIRYWL_F2370 as an extension (with “extend view”) for CDS C_InquiryWL_F2370. After the activation and the following cache cleanup:

1. “Cleanup of Model Cache (F7)” in transaction /n/IWFND/MAINT_SERVICES

2.”Cleanup Cache (F5)” function in transaction /n/IWBEP/REG_SERVICE

I checked the meta at /sap/opu/odata/sap/SD_F2370_INQY_WL_SRV/$metadata, and it shows the new column correctly. To this point, it works as expected.

Now, I expect to have the list of possible columns (function “cog” in the top-right corner) extended with my custom column “User Status.” But the list is not extended. The added column shows only after from 1 to 4 hours.

How can I trigger this list's update to make a new column available immediately?

View Entire Topic
Marian_Zeis
Active Contributor

Maybe try the reports:

/ui5/upd_odata_metadata_cache

/ui5/del_odata_metadata_cache

GregMalewski
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, /UI5/DEL_ODATA_METADATA_CACHE was the solution that I have found here https://stackoverflow.com/questions/56170969/sapui5-metadata-is-not-refreshing-after-changes/5617344...

Other people having the same problem may find these links useful:

Cache Buster for OData Metadata of SAP Fiori Apps

Scheduling Update of OData Metadata Caching