cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori My Timesheet v3: Non-Working Days Incorrect (Friday-Saturday Weekend)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am really struggling with getting My Timesheet v3 to do anything. Problem #1: the non-working days displayed are incorrect: it shows the weekend as being Friday-Saturday. This isn't true in the Team Calendar, only in the Timesheet calendar, so it seems to be specific to this app. It isn't a problem when using traditional ESS against the same backend system; only in Fiori. My user definitely has a correct work schedule rule assigned in the backend time management; CATS works fine.

Problem #2: the app is assuming that I'm a positive-time-entry employee, meaning it expects to enter my hours worked to the tune of 8 hours each day. However, I'm a full-time salaried employee, and we have CATS configured to treat salaried employees as negative-time-entry, meaning we only enter exception time, such as sick leave and vacation, etc. If we do nothing, and it's a working day, the system assumes 8 hours worked. Again, this has worked for us for years, it's standard SAP functionality, nothing custom, and it works fine in CATS and in ESS, just not in Fiori. Any hints where I can fix the app to correctly read the configuration for time entry that we use in our backend?

I continue to be mystified by the Assignments and Assignment Groups concept that appears to be new with this version of the app. I've read Note 2656478, and I get that it's supposed to group accounting data related to the time (such as project codes, cost centers, etc, I suppose), but the average employee doesn't have to deal with this, and doesn't care nor even know what their cost centers are. I'm presuming there's a way to do some sort of default, or configure the app to read this data from the backend OM, i.e. from the position, but if not, this is going to make this a non-starter for us. However, I'll cross this bridge when I can get the basics, like non-working days and negative time entry, to function. Without that, there's no point in worrying about assignments.

Is anyone successfully using v3 of this app? I believe it's been out in the wild for about six months now, and there have been additional support packages released (which we have applied), so in theory it should be functional, right? But it appears to have regressed to bugs solved in earlier versions years ago, from what I'm reading.

Much of Fiori 2.0 / v3 has been a crapshoot so far. I'm very tempted to give up on it and implement v2 apps instead.

Frontend: Fiori for SAP HCM 2.0 sps6, Fiori Front End Server 5.0 sps1, AS ABAP 7.52 sps4

Backend: Fiori for SAP ERP HCM 1.0 sps13 (GBX01HR5 605 sp10), EhP8 for SAP ERP 6.0 sps10 (SAP_HR/EA-HR sp59), NetWeaver ABAP 7.5 sps11 (SAP_GWFND 750 sp14)

Cheers,
Matt

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Addendum: I've seen the similar question from four years ago at https://answers.sap.com/questions/11671755/index.html. I can say that the Team Calendar does get the non-working days correct for us, and the timezone configuration in both frontend and backend servers is correct.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As an update, I have had a handful of customer Incidents open with SAP support, but we aren't getting anywhere. I've also been in a discussion with other K-12 customers, and I can't find any who have implemented this app. They are either using much older versions (pre-Fiori), or third-party alternatives, or their employees submit paper timesheets and administrators enter the data via CATS in the backend. At this point, our old Web Dynpro Java ESS application Record Working Time is significantly more functional and advanced than Fiori My Timesheet v3 (and it works, bottom line).

Has anyone implemented this, especially for exempt/salaried employees who only enter negative or exception time?

former_member84276
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

If you face issues with the My Timesheet V3 applicaiton please reach out to me at
navin.p.r@sap.com.

My team and i can try and see the issues you face and help you with possible solutions.
We can also provide you a working demo of the features.

Regarding the "Timezone" issue, it came up due to change in the behavior of Javascript (beyond the control of SAP). And the change didn't impact My Timesheet V3 alone.

Kind Regards,
Navin

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

navin.pr ,

Thank you for the offer. However, we long ago gave up on trying to get this to work, and that was after many months of working with SAP Customer Support. It is not a project for us at this time. I still notice that new bugfix Notes for this come out almost daily.

I'm sad to say that the whole experience left my organization rather cold toward Fiori as a whole, though I certainly realize that one non-functional app doesn't mean the whole thing is bad. We are now, two years later, preparing once again to roll out some Fiori replacements for old Web Dynpro Java ESS/MSS apps, and yes, recording working time will be one that we look into. However, we will probably try to see if we can get something like the Leave Request app to work better for us, rather than My Timesheet, as the Timesheet doesn't appear to be a good fit for the use case (far too much complexity for the average employee). Also, this time we will not be trying to go entirely with Fiori, but will instead incorporate older technologies such as Web Dynpro ABAP if their apps are superior in functionality. Those decisions will be case-by-case, per app or function.

Cheers,
Matt

TheGokke
Active Participant

Start with leave request (V3), that is a good one and will get the necessary leverage from the clients I hope

former_member84276
Discoverer

Hi Matt,

Over the last couple of years we have collaborated with several customers to improve My Timesheet V3.

It might be late but it would be great if you could give us an opportunity to provide you a demo of the working application (on desktop and mobile),

Many thanks and Kind Regards,
Navin

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

this exchange is from my point of view symptomatic of SAP’s eagerness to deliver Fiori App that works.

Regards.

Laurent

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raju,

You are asking in the wrong place. I am not an expert with this; I was having problems and asked my own question, which frankly was never resolved. As a result, we are not currently using this app at all.

I recommend you ask your question as a new question, and not as an answer to an existing question. You are far more likely to get good responses that way.

Cheers,
Matt

View Entire Topic
suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Matt..

suhas.lembarkar1 quite possibly the CID/CVR parameters IDs aren't maintained in the User defaults..