cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori Object Page - Intent based navigation with additional parameters

Hi,

How can I have a list always fetch certain fields but not display them by default. The intent based navigation is not working correctly unless the extra parameters are provided, but I dont want to force the users to include "technical" fields in the list just to make the navigation work.

I have a Fiori Object Page that has a section/facet that contains a table. In that table I have one field that has CDS annotation WITH_INTENT_BASED_NAVIGATION to a semantic object. The target mapping has several parameters that are all provided/available from the table. The navigation is working as long as all necessary columns are visible in the table (the parameters). However if I dont include the "technical" fields as visible in the table then the data is not fetched and thus are not provided to the navigation URL.

Is it possible to annotate the CDS so that my technical fields are always fetched, but not displayed by default in the table?

-Andri

rizwan99
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hey @andri.palsson_c , have you got any solution for this ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vigneshss
Explorer

Do you use an analytical table? If so, only the visible table columns would be passed in the navigation context.

you may also try UI.Hidden annotation, that just hides any field from the UI, but still pass in the navigation context.

0 Kudos

Hello Vignesh and thanks for answering,

The table in question is a SmartTable.

I am building an Analytical List Page, but the list in question is not analytical. When I navigate from the list to the Object page I have a facet there that contains the table. I have tested adding the "technical" fields as lineItems with UI.Hidden, but that does not help, the fields are not selected.

I have also tested using PresentationVariant with RequestAtLeast as the facet instead of the lineitems directly, but that does not seem to be working.

I'm on UI5 1.60.13

/Andri

meriton
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey

This can be done with annotations also but :

SmartTable -> initiallyVisibleFields -> list of fields you want to be displayed

SmartTable -> requestAtLeastFields -> list of fields you want to fetch in the background

Annotations -> Properties you dont want the user to be able to add to view (but still exist in background) UI.Hidden true

https://sapui5.hana.ondemand.com/#/api/sap.ui.comp.smarttable.SmartTable%23controlProperties

Good luck Mate