Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori OnPremise Extended App in Cloud Foundry

DebashishDas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to deploy any extension fiori app in Cloud foundry launchpad, which was developed for onPremise system. Will it work?

We have some extended app(e.g- My Leave Request) which need to be configured in CF launchpad. Standard apps will be there in OnPremise for now. In future OnPremise apps may be discontinued.

I copied the app in BAS, and deployed to CF as HTML5 applications, But apps has so many errors. I noticed most of them could not load the standard component and standard libraries.

My question is, is it feasible to work like these way?

View Entire Topic
gregorw
Active Contributor

Hi Neeraj Jain,

have you seen the answer of oliver.graeff:

"… and regarding your question on standard app in on-prem S/4HANA with adaptation project in Cloud Foundry: SAPUI5 flexibility supports both being in on-prem or both being in Cloud Foundry, but not the mix you're asking for. "

So my suggestion is to extend the on-Prem App and setup Content Providers - On-Premise Solutions.@debashishdas_kol0075_5: What do you mean with " In future OnPremise apps may be discontinued." you still would need the OData Service that provides data for this apps.

Best Regards
Gregor

DebashishDas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wanted to mean only the fiori cloud apps will be used. No onPremise app will be accessed.

Just an another question, we have my leave request app as well as extended my leave request app in onPremise. Now we want to access only fiori cloud apps. In that case, do we need to extend those app for standard fiori cloud.

WouterLemaire
Active Contributor

Hi,

First of all the BTP Launchpad works differently. It can be connected to multiple backend systems and will load the standard apps directly from the connected system.

If you make an extension of a standard app running on-premise, then the extension needs to run on the same system as the standard app. Otherwise the extension cannot resolve the original app and not fully function, same for libraries used by that app.

You can find more details on how the connection and content providers work in the link of Greg

DebashishDas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks @Wouter for your response.