Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori Tooling Visual studio code

former_member602416
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have installed SAP Fiori Tools - Extension Pack in Visual studio code to create a Fiori App. I am surprised to see that when generated application for Worklist layout, it didn't generate Controller and View Folder. No view and controller file generated. Also when run the app it doesn't show any data whereas oData service returns the data successfully. Also can't see any command in sap fiori guide to create new view. Can someone help who has used this tool before.

Below is the structure of my app -

View Entire Topic
Christoph_G
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

the SAP Fiori tools Worklist template is based on Fiori elements. Hence there is no controller or view code needed, everything comes out of the box to render an application. However in order to see data in your table you need to define line item annotations for your service. In absence of those please click on the personalization dialog (the wheel on the right) to add some columns manually during preview.

Please have a look into the Fiori elements (https://sapui5.hana.ondemand.com/#/topic/03265b0408e2432c9571d6b3feb6b1fd) and Fiori tools documention (https://help.sap.com/viewer/product/SAP_FIORI_tools/Latest/en-US) to get familiar with the Fiori elements programming model - it's worth trying.

In case you want to create a Fiori freestyle app, you can choose the freestyle templates in the drop down above the tiles in the generator.

Best regards,

Christoph Gollmick
(PO Fiori tools Application modeler)

former_member602416
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Christoph. It is helpful.

But how actions will work without view and controller files? For example I want to navigate to new view when clicked on worklist item or want to show a message toast when clicked on some item. How can I achieve that? Should choose free style template if any enhacement is required?