Did you mean: 

Hana express downloader Options not showing

ahmed_jasim2
Explorer

I download HXEDownloadManager.jar after the registration process,

when I run the GUI mode I got the dropdown list empty as in attached picture,

while when I run it in command mode I Got it the following Error below

>java -jar HXEDownloadManager.jar -X

HXEDownloadManager [( [-h|-X] | [-d <save_directory>] [--ph <proxy_host>] [--pp <proxy_port>] <platform> <image> <file>... )]

where:

-h Print help

-X Print extended help

-d <save_directory> Directory where to save the download file(s).

Default is %USERPROFILE%\Downloads.

--ph <proxy_host> Proxy host name or IP address

--pp <proxy_port> Proxy port

Cannot connect to download server to get the options. Check your Internet connection or specify proxy server with --ph and --pp options.

PS. when I ping google.com it work just OK

Regards

Ahmed

lxiang
Employee
Employee
fixed, sorry for the inconvenience
View Entire Topic
rferraton
Explorer

Same problem for me while i am in holliday in spain :
I received the email from sap :

rferraton_2-1716042809143.png

but the Download Manager does show anything to download

rferraton_0-1716042408075.png

using the jar CLI also failed :

rferraton_1-1716042491050.png

I tried with a vpn with France located IP without more success.

I will try when i will returned in France to check and will update this post because i suspect an IP filtering.

gregorw
Active Contributor
Facing the same issue today. I hope its only a temporary issue.
AlpAltinturk
Explorer

@Vitaliy-Rthe OP is "geo-locked out", but when I tried the same from ES, US-ny and West Europe -- no download options at all.

Do you have any idea what's going on? Apparently on SAP side a bigger IP block has been banned.

a similar complaint related to network settings, leaving here for reference - Issue on downloading HANA Xe (GitHub) 

gregorw
Active Contributor
I can confirm from my location in Germany I still don't get any download option.
Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Unfortunately, it did not help that you posted this new issue as the answer to the original question from February 2023. No one monitoring the "SAP HANA, express edition" tag received that notification.

I received it because I was on a thread from 2023... so I let the product team know about it now.

But I would suggest opening a new discussion in https://community.sap.com/t5/technology-q-a/qa-p/technology-questions with the tag https://community.sap.com/t5/c-khhcw49343/SAP+HANA%25252C+express+edition/pd-p/73555000100800000651 in this case.

rferraton
Explorer
0 Kudos
May be the good answer to this topic is more : open a new topic with the problem mentionning the Tag "SAP HANA, express edition" to alert SAP people that someting is not working related to download manager and the HANA XE ?
Dan_vL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Sorry for the inconvenience. This issue appears to now be corrected.