cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having user set a specific date on a story

0 Kudos

Hi guys,

i can't figure out how to allow a user in view mode to select a specific date range.

The objective i'm trying to achieve is to have a story in which the user can filter by month (and only by month) - with the added complexity that, at opening, the story should show the current month.

For the showing, i tried to add input control, connect it to dimension UTC, and here i get a timerange.

However, from the timerange there is no selection allowed, only offsets from current date.

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

AlexGourdet
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thank you for visiting SAP Community to get answers to your questions.

As you're looking to get most out of your community membership, please consider include a profile picture to increase user engagement & additional resources to your reference that can really benefit you:

I hope you find this advice useful, and we're happy to have you as part of SAP Community!

All the best,

-Alex

View Entire Topic
VijayetaSharma
Active Contributor

Hi david_l,

This works best on fields with date type format. Here is an workaround

Add input control > Page Filter > Dimension > By Range

Now change the current date file to:

You will end up with something like below two filter one inside canvas and another on top (as story filter).

Now end user will see current month selected by default (dictate by the granularity). If required end user can change month selection from the data picker on top. So, when end user uncheck "System Current Data / period" and pick 01/01/2021, main page filter will pick Jan 2021 as filter. In other words even if end user select a date from the filter, story end up selecting that month for filter. You can change this behavior by changing the granularity

Don't forget to up-vote and accept, if it helped. 🙂

Thanks,

Vijayeta

0 Kudos

Hi Vijayeta

Thanks for you answer, it works - i have a "small" detail though; this kind of filtering should only go on a single page of the story.

Is this possible?

Other stories have different filtering types ...

VijayetaSharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi david_l,

This workaround works with story filter only.

One thing you can try is, play with web template widget and then call this as a separate story. Then embedded page will act standalone.

Thanks,

Vijayeta