cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCP: Geo optimization and reduce latency

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a question regarding HCP landscapes & geo optimization.

Suppose we have an HCP in Europe data center, as our primary customer focus was Europe.

Now if we have customers from US & Australia as well (we are going global ), and we would like to reduce the latency and implement a traffic manager. i.e our users from US should be redirected to the nearby US data center and users from Europe should be redirected to Europe data center.

I think in general, we need to have HCP instances in US and Australia and some how using third party, implement traffic manager.

But above is something which is built out of the box and requires some(more ) effort !

Are there anything that HCP already provides for this (reduce the latency and traffic manager) so that we can claim that our app is geo-optimized.

View Entire Topic
ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, nothing currently. Although, please add your name to the list asking for this functionality!

It would be interesting to hear how you plan to ensure synchronization of your data over the different data centers.

Cheers,

Chris

NikiD
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

In some cases CDN itself is enough to have an optimized global reach to an application deployed in a single datacenter. You can use the spread of the CDN infrastructure for that. The limit is if the application has a lot of non-cachable resources or business transactions that always needs to go the origin. In those cases multiple datacenter deployment might be an option but as you pointed out then synchronization is an aspect that needs to be considered.

Best Regards

Nikolai