cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCP server side code

k_gorin
Participant
0 Kudos

What are the options to run server side code in HCP (trial)? XS seems to not work with HCP? So is it Java only?

View Entire Topic
lucam_shamat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kirill,

If you're using a SAP Cloud Platform (it's not called HCP anymore...) trial account, then you have only two options:

- SAP HANA XS Classic (not the Advanced, which will hopefully be available later on this year)

- Java

SAP HANA XS Classic means of course developing in server side JavaScript (.xsjs) using either the SAP HANA Studio on Eclipse or the SAP HANA Web Development Workbench.

I can confirm that XS works perfectly under the trial account, BUT to access XS you need to use the two IDE's I mentioned above and NOT the SAP Web IDE.

Hope it helps,

Luca

k_gorin
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey, Luca. My XS app pannel looks like this. I didn't find any clues on how to make XS work inside a HTML5 app either. When I call xsjs files, it just serves it's as static resouse (downloads a file).

anton_levin
Advisor
Advisor

Please, follow online documentation -> first link a posted above [1] https://help.sap.com/viewer/65de2977205c403bbc107264b8eccf4b/Cloud/en-US/48be066aea98444188544d68714... -> SAP HANA: Getting Started -> Create -> Prerequisite is "SAP HANA MDC database in your trial account" (my initial comment)

k_gorin
Participant
0 Kudos

Anton, yes I have Hana MDC on that instance. I know how to create XS apps on Hana. I was wondering if XS apps work for the cloud account? Is it depricated? Is not working for Trial account only?

anton_levin
Advisor
Advisor

Yes, they do work for the cloud account (also on trial)