cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I create a new page with the Page Map or Page Editor of Fiori tools?

0 Kudos

According to Page Map - SAP Help Portal it is explained how to create a new page.

Adding a New Page

With the SAP Fiori Tools Page Map, you can add additional Object Pages and Custom Pages to your app.
  • Click the icon Add New Page in the header of a page file.
  • From the Select Page Type list, select ObjectPage and click Add.
  • In the Navigation field, select an entity that the page would navigate to.

The list of available entities depends on the previous entity you navigate from. See Page Editor for more information.

However opening the Page Map (in Business App Studio and Visual Studio Code) I do not see any icon or button that reflects "Add new page". I checkout out all sections of the screen and different views, there is no option to add a new page here.

Can you enlighten me what is going wrong? According to my VSC Marketplace I use the SAP fiori Tools extension pack v1.5.0.

Note: I generated the Fiori app inside the "app" folder of my CAP app. I used the Application Generator for Fiori Tools.

ConradBernal
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Pascal,

Sorry to hear that you're having an issue. Just to confirm, could you please check out the attached image and tell me if you can see the portion in the red box in your case? That should be your Add New Page button.

Kind regards,

Conrad (SAP Fiori tools team)

0 Kudos

Hello Conrad,

thanks for the comment. You are right I saw that icon but it was disabled. I had to deleted the Object Page and then click on + on the list report to create a custom page again.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_schreck
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pascal,
In the page map the + button is only visible for pages that have a navigation defined in their model (aka OData service). So, would you please check the associations and navigationProperties of your root entity set in the service?