cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I import my SAP GUI Migration file onto the new pc?

Rayno
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have recently moved over to a new pc, and I have exported the my SAP GUI settings using the path on the SAP Logon Pad - SAP GUI Options - Restore and Cleanup, and then Export. When I try to import that file on the new PC, I get the error "Could not expand the ZIP Archive file. Process cannot continue". 

How do I get past this issue. I noticed that the ZIP file has a Password, but no idea what that password is. I checked the SAP Document Version: 8.00 PL04 – 2023-08-03 - SAP GUI administration document, page 9, and it states "The compressed file is protected by a user-specific password to prevent unintentional transfer to another user and, thus, to guarantee the consistency of the export." What is this password? How do I get the SAP GUI migration file imported? 

View Entire Topic
FrankKrauseGUI
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What mamartins said is absolutely correct. You do not need a password, because SAP GUI calculates the password based on the name of the user (Windows user). As he also mentioned, the important part is that the user names must be identical on both machines. If this is the case, we (SAP GUI Support) should have a look at the issue. I would encourage you to create an incident in that case.

Best regards,
Frank Krause
Product Owner SAP GUI for Windows

Rayno
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi, it seems that the problem somehow resolved itself. I tried it again and it had no problem importing, so I presume it is a Windows issue and not a SAP issue. Thanks