cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the Value Help of a date prompt to a calendar display (as in BEx)?

Rik
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear A4O users,

I'm using A4O 1.4 SP9 on top of BO BI 4.0 and BW 7.30.

Does anybody now how I can configure the Value Help of a date prompt?

I prefer to give the users access to a calendar display to pick a date from (as I have in BEx Analyzer).

The field Req Deliv Date (ZEDATU) is referenced to 0DATE in the BW.

I'm still not able to show a calendar display in A4O after changing the BEx general settings on the BW InfoObject or in the BEx Query itself.

Below 2 screenshots of the same BEx Query executed in A4O and in BEx Analyzer.

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

View Entire Topic
former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes this is possible, Select the member access mode to "Master Data" then you should be able to see Calendar View

For More information  follow the Note

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2002592

Rik
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you!

So first in the A4O settings I needed to mark the option 'Show Access Mode for Member Display'.

Second, when I insert the Data Source and I get the prompts, I can can go to the Value Help, press on Display, hover to Access Mode and select Values in Master Data.

However this takes too many clicks.

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to make this calendar view the default view when going to the Value Help.

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rik Laenen,

Now you can avoid those too many clicks

your issue solved with below note :

For More information  follow the Note

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2105564

Subhash

0 Kudos

Hello Subhash,

I'm facing the same issue as described in this post.

The users are not accepting to use the options available by clicking and configuring each time the parameters in order to have the calendar view. (To complicated for them).

I've seen in the last post that you have shared a note, but unfortunately the note it is not available anymore or the link is broken.

Can you please tell me what the note says order to implement by default the Calendar Look on prompts.

Best Regards,

Alexandru