Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Create Custom App using SAP Integration Capabilities

former_member280546
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Guys

Is it possible to create your own app/solution by using the integration capabilities in order to automate messages and documents transfered between bank for Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payaple puporses,, for example?

If so, how to do that, is there any BLOG or something like that for doing that?

Considering that each financial institution has differente kind of interface/services, security patterns and so on.How to

How to I develop a APP using its capabilities? Can I use pure Java Script for example? Do I have to use SAPUI5 (mandatory)? Do I have to use WEB IDE necessarily?

Ivan-Mirisola
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi filiperebollo,

Which system are we talking about here? On-premise or Cloud? Could you please be more specific where you a running your AR/AP?

Best regards,
Ivan

former_member280546
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ivan.mirisola,

thanks a lot fot the message!

Let´s say we are running on On-premise ecc 6.0, an ABAP environment, for instace.

But the idea is to make it as flexible as possible so you can eventualy change information with noSAP apps.

Best regards,

Filipe

View Entire Topic
Ivan-Mirisola
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi filiperebollo,

An On-Premise solution such as ECC 6.0 will have a set of SOAP services and OData that could be used for that purpose. Please check the documentation bellow:

https://help.sap.com/viewer/7d2916c4fd3c40a4b5adaaddb83be745/2002.500/en-US/844649959b8942908d788653...

SOAP Services documentation is not actually very extensive, but you can find out a lot about what's available on your system using SOAMANAGER transaction. The best approach is to contact a functional consultant that will help you determining which services could be used for such integration. I'm not familiar with AR/AP part of SAP, but these guys will certainly point you into the right direction on the integration piece of the development. For instance, I believe what you are looking for is already on the system (at least for China):

https://help.sap.com/viewer/e8cc8a32a7fa4ea3ae1e25363dee5c49/6.18.14/en-US/0b8b5c86844a4d18bba9830c3...

You could take a look at how this is done in ECC and make the same implementation for your country.

I would risk saying that this should be an ABAP development, but there is always the option to use something more modern like SAP Enterprise Messaging to capture the system events in a queue where you could then process on-by-one in another application (let's say a Java Application in SCP-Cloud Foundry). The problem with this approach is that you should create the system triggers in ABAP to figure out when the system has had any updates on documents that needs to be sent to a bank. It it was a SaaS solution I could tell you that most certainly you would be using SAP Cloud Integration together with SAP Enterprise Messaging and a Communication Scenario on S/4HANA Cloud.

SAP API Hub would also be a source API information if you had an S/4HANA, but it is not the case.

Regardless, I think the first step is to talk with a Consultant to figure out if this isn't already there in the system.

Best regards,
Ivan

0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

I have a similar questing , but we have a complete solution few of our customers are already using SAP. Can we register our product with SAP so that we can integrate our custom solution with SAP.

Ivan-Mirisola
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi mohit.parkash,

Sure you can! You can use Cloud Integration Suite as an A2A message broker for data integration. Or you could implement a proxy application using Application Runtime (BYOD) to perform calls through SAP Cloud Integration for on-premise systems. Or you could implement API calls to any systems using Api Management Services. Or even develop your own OpenConnector a make it available for SAP customers to build their own integration.

There's all sorts of possibilities when dealing with integration options.

Best regards,
Ivan