cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deploy multiple intents of same Fiori app to Work Zone

MikeDoyle
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am migrating a custom Fiori app from Neo (Portal Service) to Cloud Foundry (Work Zone, Standard Edition). The app has 4 different tiles in Neo. There are 2 different variants of information to be displayed. Additionally there is a mode for each user to see their own data and a mode for a central finance team to see data for everyone. Hence 2 x 2 = 4 tiles in Neo.

For now I am just trying to deploy 2 intents to Work Zone. I deploy my single MTA, then I hit the Update Content button against the HTML5 Apps channel in the Channel Manager.

I expect to see 2 apps in the Content Explorer however I only see 1. Now, as a workaround I can create a local copy of the app that does appear, varying the text and the parameters. However I would like to avoid this step and simply have all the apps created after MTA deployment.

Has anyone got this to work? Or is it a known issue (or worse, 'a feature')?

Here is a sanitised extract from the sap.app section of my manifest.json

"crossNavigation": {
"inbounds": {
"Info-display": {
"signature": {
"parameters": {
"variant": {
"defaultValue": { "format": "plain",
"value": "a" }
}
},
"additionalParameters": "allowed"
},
"semanticObject": "Info",
"action": "display",
"title": "My App - My Info",
"subTitle": "",
"icon": "sap-icon://capital-projects"
},
"Info-displayAll": {
"signature": {
"parameters": {
"variant": {
"value": "b" }
},
"otherParam": {
"value": "XYZ" }
}
},
"additionalParameters": "allowed"
},
"semanticObject": "Info",
"action": "displayAll",
"title": "My App - All Info",
"subTitle": "",
"icon": "sap-icon://capital-projects"
}
}
}

I note this older unanswered question, which is essentially asking the same question, but about a predecessor product.

https://answers.sap.com/questions/13359496/app-with-multiple-intents-on-managed-launchpad.html

gregorw
Active Contributor

I think this is a limitation SAP Work Zone, Standard Edition. Unfortunately the documentation Expose HTML5 Applications in SAP Build Work Zone, standard edition doesn't address this topic. I would suggest creating a case.

0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

How to create a local copy of the app deployed as MTA. We can see the option for Channel = HTML5 Apps and not for MTA.

Can you share steps to create

Regards,

Satish

MikeDoyle
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Satish, my UI5 app is deployed via MTA as an HTML5 application and appears under the HTML5 Apps channel. I drill down to the app then select Create a Local Copy.

Expose HTML5 Applications in SAP Build Work Zone, advanced edition

BrendanFarthing
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mike, did you ever find a solution for this to do what you intended? Or get any official feedback from SAP saying it’s not possible?

Thanks,

Brendan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)