cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do Data Masking in F4 Search help in S4 HANA system not in ECC ?

PrashantVerma
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where for some standard table such as LFA1, As we go into SE11 or SE16N screen and on clicking the F4 search help for certain vendor when the accounting group LFA1-KTOKK = 'XYZ1' (just a sample accounting group) which is already entered in the input , the entire row for that accounting group should be masked in F4 search help.Also, this to be done for certain role which will be maintained in PFCG transaction . How to achieve this in S4 HANA system ?

Result should be like -

The user who have role can see the entire rows but the user who does not have role must see the masked value for this accounting group only.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

You are talking about "Data Masking", do you mean a specific solution like "UI Data Protection Masking for SAP S/4HANA" or do you ask for a solution with classic ABAP?

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moderator alerted to change the tag to "UI data protection masking for SAP S/4HANA".

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thilakan_t
Participant
0 Kudos

The accounting group select is happening in dynamically generated program /1BCF41/T077K so it is not advisable to add logic there.

so analyze below programs and create an implicit enhancement(at end of any subroutine) to add logic to validate the user ID for authorization and mask the values. you can find the output values in internal table VALUE_TAB[] or OUTPUT_VALUES[].

These programs might be used for F4 help of many other fields so do it carefully. add check for table name, search help name and user name before starting the actual logic.

Hope this helps.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I asked the OP, the question is in fact about "UI data protection masking for SAP S/4HANA".

PrashantVerma
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi sandra.rossi

I am talking about UI Data Protection Masking for SAP S/4HANA and its solution.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

Thanks.

Please use the COMMENT button for comments, asking for complements, adding details, replying to a comment or a proposed solution or to the OP question, etc., ANSWER is only to propose a solution, dixit SAP text at the right of the answer area.