Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to download .XLSX file format from AL11 directory

ShivaCSE
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Greetings..!!

I am sending the .xlsx file at AL11 directory. It's getting uploaded successfully and downloaded successfully using CG3Y or from tool bar at local PC. But the problem is while opening the file it's shows "The file format and extension of 'samplefile.xlsx'(File name) don't match.

Please see the error message screenshot.

Kindly help..!!

Thanks & Best Regards

Shivajee S

kyvraoaiml
Explorer
0 Kudos

Please try:

1. Remove the non printable control characters (http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ascii.html) from all the fields and try again.

2. Use CL_SALV_BS_LEX method EXPORT_FROM_RESULT_DATA_TABLE.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please use comments instead of answering!

As it says:

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that your answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since your file is tab separated (# just means non-displayable character, it could be anything, but most like it's tab), it isn't a .xlsx file. Even if you put that file extension on it.

Hence you get the message from Excel.

Ulrich_Schmidt
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

There is no such thing as an "AL11 directory"!

AL11 is just a UI that displays the local file system of the application server.

When you save a file on your local PC, would you say "I'm uploading a file to the Windows Explorer"? No, you would say "I'm saving a file to my hard disc". Windows Explorer is just a tool that displays the local file system (C:\ etc.) of your PC and allows creating & opening files in directories of that file system. Same with AL11.

So I would suggest correcting your phrasing (and while you are at it, please remove the duplicate "from from" -- maybe I'm pedantic here, but it makes my foot nails roll up...)

Ulrich_Schmidt
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This is not an answer, it's a question. As Mathew said, please move this into the comments section of your question above.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ulrich_Schmidt
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

There are two possibilities here:

• either the file is already created in the wrong format in the file system of the application server.
  • or the file gets changed during download to your frontend PC. (E.g. if using a download mechanism, that is designed only for text data, on a binary file, all bytes that don't correspond to printable chars could get replaced by the #-char.)

Depending on that, different measures would be necessary to fix this problem.

In order to find out, which of the two it is, you could logon to the app server on OS level (e.g. using FTP client) and then copy the file to the PC in binary mode. (E.g. FTP type I.)