cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit MTA YAML in CAP project via SAP Build Apps?

melanie_lauber
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I've been following this tutorial: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/build-apps-cap-service.html

But when I deploy the service I get the known error "Service broker error: Service broker hana-broker failed with: Failed to select a database for instance <PROJECT>-db, because of: Multiple databases are available, exact id needs to be specified via parameter 'database_id' "

I know the solution is to add the database id (which I know and have ready) into mta.yaml file under config, for example:

resources:
- name: hdi_HDBMODULE
   parameters:
      config:
          database_id: "<the id of the database>"<br>

But, I opened this project via SAP Build Apps and in the editor I see no way to access mta.yaml or some kind of project setting or config option. So what can I do here to continue with this tutorial if I have several databases?

View Entire Topic
rupamaity
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Meli,

The UI that you show in the screenshot is SAP Business Application Studio. It generates code files for each part of your project, e.g. the entities 'Risks' and 'Mitigations' are created in the schema.cds file. Similarly, an mta.yaml file is also generated for your project.

You can click on the hamburger tile -> View -> Explorer to see the code files. From here, you can access the mta.yaml file and make the changes.

Hope this helps!