cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit MTA YAML in CAP project via SAP Build Apps?

melanie_lauber
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I've been following this tutorial: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/build-apps-cap-service.html

But when I deploy the service I get the known error "Service broker error: Service broker hana-broker failed with: Failed to select a database for instance <PROJECT>-db, because of: Multiple databases are available, exact id needs to be specified via parameter 'database_id' "

I know the solution is to add the database id (which I know and have ready) into mta.yaml file under config, for example:

resources:
- name: hdi_HDBMODULE
   parameters:
      config:
          database_id: "<the id of the database>"<br>

But, I opened this project via SAP Build Apps and in the editor I see no way to access mta.yaml or some kind of project setting or config option. So what can I do here to continue with this tutorial if I have several databases?

View Entire Topic
melanie_lauber
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This worked! Now I can access mta.yaml

Is Explorer view always hidden by default? Or is it because I navigated to BAS via SAP Build Apps?

rupamaity
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi,

It is hidden by default, but you can pin it by right-clicking on the Explorer tab and click on 'Keep Explorer'. This will ensure that the tab is always available when you open BAS.