cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export job execution command automatically

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I know we can create a execution command for each job from Data Services Management Console. Is there a way to automatically create these files? I have multiple jobs for which I need this execution command file to be created.

Env: Windows , SAP data services 4.3

Thank you for your time.

Regards

Miru

sapuserapr2021
Explorer

I don't know of a way to do it automatically but if you used the 'Export Execution Command' option in the Data Services Management Console to export the command line command for a single job, you could use that as a template for how to build an execution command for all of your jobs. Using that template, you could create a SQL query that got the names of all jobs in a given repository and write out a file with an execution command for all of your jobs. I know this is certainly not automatic but you could schedule this SQL script to run periodically (either via cron on a linux box or windows scheduler on a windows box) and generate the execution script for all of your jobs. I hope this is of some help.

Thanks, Dave

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Dave,

I was able to use the template and generate the execution files using a powershell script.

Thank you

Miru

0 Kudos

Thanks Dave. I will try that.

Miru