cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make mandatory fields as optional in FB70?

anjum0691
Explorer
0 Kudos

Can someone please help to understand how to control the field status whether mandatory or optional in standard transactions like FB70? For some co codes 'Business place' is mandatory while for some its not. I wanted to remove mandatory field and make it as optional for one co code.

Co code belong to Thailand

Co code belong to Singapore

Regards,

Anjum

View Entire Topic
Bohdan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi anjum0691,

Mandatory entry of business place in FB60 is driven not by the field status group, nor the validation (and definitely not the substitution as mentioned by a colleague above). Use of business places is managed for those countries, where there are legal requirements to submit VAT reports at levels below company code (e.g. branch level). In accordance with SAP documentation, the list of countries supporting this requirement includes Brazil, Philippines, South Korea, Thailand, and Taiwan. But Singapore is not on the list. It is acknowledged that business places can be activated for other countries, but it is not supported by standard SAP logic.

Following this, you can assume that the mandatory entry of business place is more or less hardcoded for those countries, where it is a legal requirement and where it is officially supported by SAP. For other countries, it might not be visible at all.

Regards,

Bohdan

anjum0691
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Bohdan.

You are right, this config is specific to Thailand where 'Business place' is mandatory for both vendor and customer invoice. We have this config in our system and 'Business Place' is also created already.

Now, the issue is when I enter 'Business Place' in FB60/ FB70, new field ' branch code' appears on screen. And this filed is also mandatory.

As per my understanding we need to maintain the 'Branch code' in vendor and customer master data via BP.

However, in vendor master I can update this into 'country specific enh' tab. It works fine with FB60 when we update this field.

But for customer master, there is no provision to maintain the 'Branch code' in 'country specific enh' tab

Now the question is, how to get 'Branch code' field for customer master so it wont be an issue while posting invoice via FB70.

Regards,

Bohdan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi anjum0691,

Thank you ! I'd say that the original question about validation is thus far answered. If would be fine for you to close the thread and open a new one about the issue with the country-specific tab for maintenance of BP master data for customer. This is a completely new question and I assume it will be lost among the comments in this thread. When you post it as a separate question, it will get more attention from other consultants who can help you with that.

I cannot provide any helpful comments about this country specific logic.

Regards,

Bohdan