How to open window popup on POWL?

Thanks

Ranveer

View Entire Topic
thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

What kind of popup window do you want? Do you just want a confirmation dialog upon action? If so you can use the method GET_ACTION_CONF of the feeder interface to build a confirmation dialog. The answer to this dialog will be passed into the HANDLE_ACTION method for later checking.

Also have a look at the example POWL - POWL_EASY. It uses the POWL_FOLLOW_UP event to trigger a popup message. The process for creating the Popup message in this method (CALL_FOLLOWUP_POPUP) is pretty much the normal popup window process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I have a similar requirement, where I need to create a popup window from a POWL generated screen.

In the POWL screen I am enhancing , the Webdynpro views and elements are dynamically generated.

The main WD component has just one view, which has included component usages of other components.

The components used also have a lot of nested component usages, which makes it impossible to find the underlying component which actually could possibly be generating the elements in question.

So far, I have only been able to figure out the feeder classes which has the method to build the buttons and the method to handle the corresponding action (The methods -> get_actions and handle_action)

The View as such just has a View UI Container and everything within it is generated using the concept of component sharing. There are no nodes defined at static time either...Even the context nodes are dynamically generated.

Now my issue is that I need to upload an Excel to a Table in the POWl generated screen.

Towards this, my initial idea was create a button using the get_actions method of the feeder class and then call an API which will popup a File browser dialogue, in the handle_action of the same class)

I explored quite a bit and I now realise using the File UI Element is the only way to upload files (Unlike download which can be achieved using the method cl_wd_runtime_services=>attach_file_to_response)

In order to make use of the File UI Element, the only approved approach now was that I launch a popup on click of the button(ie in handle_action method) and I embed the File UI Element in this view.

Now I have several questions:

1) without the handle to the IF_WD_WINDOW_MANAGER in the feeder class method, how will I launch the popup? this is the only method where I can handle the action associated with this event since either the component or interface controllers do not have any reference to this button which is dynamically generated

2) Even if I were to somehow be able to call a popup here, how would I read back the XString that is associated in the File UI Element of the Popup, from the POWL screen? Since the calling view is dynamically generated, I can't even register an event handler to events triggerred from the popup. I would have ideally handled it as such in a normal ABAP WD application, though its still an ugly way to do so.

I know this is rather a very broad level question...and might have some points which could be not articulated well. If so, please let me know..so that I can elaborate better...But any pointers or any hints or alternative approaches in solving this would go a long way in helping me out. For now, I seem to be going in circles.

Thanks a ton,

Puja.

toni_fabijancic
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Puya,

I need the same functionality that you described. Have you been able to solve the problem and if yes: how did you do that?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Toni