cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Send Large Amount of Records from Fiori via OData?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Could you please let me know what is the best approach while sending more than thousands or records(rows with columns to the tune of 7 to 10 columns) from an SAPUI5 application(like Exel Upload) to SAP Backend System vial an OData service?

Should we club each of the 100 records to a single OData call followed by 100-200 in second call followed by 200-300 etc?

Kindly let me know your thoughts.

Thank you,

Jakes

maheshpalavalli
Active Contributor

Can you tell more about your requirement? Like are you just uploading the data to the backend? or you read the excel data in the ui and perform some operations? If you can provide more information that would be great.

maheshpalavalli
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Jacob, I've answered to your question and one small tip, You can click on comment to reply or to provide more information as answers are dedicated to provide solutions only.

Thanks,

Mahesh

View Entire Topic
Krishnakumar
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

There could be performance issues if you process the file at UI layer and send the data in multiple batch calls. Instead I would suggest to send the whole file as an attachment to the back-end.

Now, if the file content is to be processed in to some transaction in backend, for huge files, the suggested method is to push contents of excel to a staging table with status (Z table) and return to UI with a message.

Contents of the staging table could be processed in background jobs updating the status. Once processing is complete you could update user with a Push Notification (Fiori Niotifications). Its better to take a reference/description from user while uploading and include this in the Fiori Notification. This way user could figure out which of his uploads has completed.

On click on notification, you could take user to a list report which shows processing status of the reference's execution.

As a rule of thump - Keep the UI simple and only for presentation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Krishnakumar, it looks excellent from the UI perspective. May be with an UploadSet or UploadCollection I could pick the file up from the user and transfer it to the Backend.

Thank you,

Jakes