cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to trigger RAP based API to CPI as and when functional location is created or updated ?

manojkumar_kott
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We are trying to send the functional location & equipment details to the external system as and when there is any update or create happening in the S4 system.

If it is a non-real time processing, we would have triggered a batch job from CPI system to S4 to get the details but in our case the data has to be published to external system in real time processing i.e. immediately as and when any equipment/functional location is created or updated in the S4 system.

I have come across even mesh handling but not sure on how this could be integrated in the S4HANA private cloud system.

Please help if any anyone has implemented similar sort of integrations ?

Thanks,

Manoj

JulianoRomanato
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello manojkumar.kott.

How are you? I have excluded the Tag "SAP S/4HANA Cloud" and included the Tag "SAP S/4HANA Cloud Extensibility" for this question, as Integrations are Objects related to Extensibility.

Regards.

Juliano Romanato.

View Entire Topic
Srinivas-Rao
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj - If you are going to use it via the Event Mesh, then there is alreay a standard S4 event for functional location create / change. Here is the link for it: https://api.sap.com/event/OP_FUNCTIONALLOCATIONEVENTS/resource

Do the relevant setup in S4 with the EM instance of your BTP subaccount. That can be pushed to CPI endpoint for further consumption.

Thanks & Regards

Srinivas Rao

manojkumar_kott
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thank you, can you throw some light on the steps that we have to follow to configure events both on S4 & BTP account.

And is there an option available to add additional filters before triggering the event from S4 system . For example functional location with some xyz status only has to be triggered to CPI.

Regards,

Manoj