cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use composite provider with open ods views?

former_member182510
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Experts,

please guide me on how to use composite provider with open ods view

when I searched on sdn & google about composite provider and open ods view - both are virtual objects. open ods view has evovled from virtual provider and composite provider is the new face for multiprovider & infoset.

1) so, why to use 1 virtual object inside other for data flow designing?

2) in case of open ods view created using data source from any SAP source system, PSA will not be used. if PSA is not used then how the errenous delta load will be handled?

3) if I'm using open ods view on non-sap source system then data will be read from source object / table, will it not impact the performace of query running on top of open ods view?

4) why exactly i should use open ods view - just to ease bw / hana developer's job?

5) if open ods view is created for applying business rule then which infoprovider should be used to store this modified data?

6) how will the typical bw data flow having open ods view will look like? SAP data source -> open ods view -> Advanced data store object -> query

in this scenario how the delta load will happen? using DTP only? how delta failure from source to advanced dso can be handled?

Thanks & Regards,

Priyanka Joshi

View Entire Topic
matheo_d_m
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Priyanka,

I'm having the same kind of issue: I'd like to create Open ODS View on Composite provider but so far it seems to be impossible.

Did you, by chance, find solution / solve this issue and could share it ?

Kind regards

Marek Kossowski

joseph_reddy88
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marek Kossowski,

What version are you using. I am able to create it in version HANA Studio 2.2.8. without any issue

Regards,

Joseph

matheo_d_m
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

thank you for your reply.

I'm using HANA Studio 2.3.5 version with Eclipse 4.5.2 version.

I tried to create Open ODS View using "BW Modelling" Perspective in Eclipse and "Database Table or View" as a "Source System".

- if I put "real" table name in "DB Object Name" field (e.g. name of table with active data of standartd DSO) and press "Finish" button I'm able to create OODSV without any issue.

- if I put name of Composite Provider in "DB Object Name" field then I'm not able to finish creation of OODSV because "Finish" button stays inactive.

The Composite Provider I try to use is a View on a number of standard DSO's and the "External SAP HANA view" option for it is flagged on.

Any ideas, why it is not possible to create OODSV on the top of Composite Provider ?

Kind regards

Marek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marek,

Did you solve this issue?

If so, could you tell me how?

If not, could you share some screenshots?

Kind regards,

Clemens

matheo_d_m
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Clemens,

I solve it by workaround. I still cannot create ODSView with Composite provider but I needed composite provider as source of master data for one particular characteristic.

So, it is possible now (and this is what I did) to go to RSA1 to "Infoprovider" view and then from context menu for Master Data of Infoobject choose "Create transformation" and then pick up as "Source of Transformation" Composite Provider type. This worked for me.

Please let me know if my explanation is sufficient. If not I will send post screenshots.

Kind regards

Marek Kossowski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marek,

Thanks a lot for sharing!

Unfortunately, I need the OODS view to work with a CP.

I created this discussion to explain my problem.

Do you have any thought or idea's about this issue?

Kind regards and appreciation,

Clemens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marek,

We were able to resolve the issue by implementing this note:

2152359 - BW search/value help/search/open object in SAP BW modeling tools returns no result

Maybe it can be of use to you as well.

Kind regards,

Clemens

matheo_d_m
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Clemens,

Sorry for coming back so late - busy weeks with our HANA implementation.

Thank you for sharing solution. I will check tomorrow if this note is applicable to our system.

Kind regards

Marek